DATA SCIENCE LEAD
The Distinguished Programs Group, LLC
The Distinguished Programs Group, LLC is a national insurance program manager providing specialized P&C insurance programs to brokers and agents with specific expertise in Real Estate, Community Associations, Cultural Institutions and Hospitality & Restaurants. Check us out at www.distinguished.com.
The Data Science Lead position leads the Data Science & Analytics team. It is a senior position within the organization that will be responsible for the analytics and data science for the organization including developing the strategy and future vision of the area. We are looking for a visionary that understands the importance of data insights in a growing organization and is up for the challenge of developing a practice that can harness those insights to drive meaningful business decisions. This position reports directly to corporate CIO and will have the additional responsibility of managing a staff of 2 to 3 employees (data analysts).
The primary job responsibilities include (position may require performing additional projects beyond scope of description):
- Build the programs’ expertise by improving data analytics and establishing the framework for the company’s future in data science, machine learning, AI and predictive analytics.
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, and GLM.
- Experience with building models from SAS, R, FICO or equivalent environment or have experience using model building software.
- Experience and knowledge with one or more of modern machine learning and statistical modeling techniques, e.g. GLM, GAM, decision trees, random forest, SVM, deep learning, GBM, clustering, Bayesian averaging
- Experience using predictive analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence practices.
- Knowledge of dashboarding to create data visualizations and Business Intelligence software.
- Strong data mining skills with the ability to interpret data for the purposes of drawing business inferences.
- Expertise in one or more modeling/machine learning languages such as R, Python, etc.
- Expertise in SQL and databases.
- Education of colleagues, business partners, and prospects in various areas related to the discipline. Strong ability to communicate technical data and concepts to audiences with various levels of understanding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Minimum 5 – 7 year’s work in data science and/or data analytics
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in quantitative fields (e.g. computer science, math, statistics, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and negotiating skills with the ability to balance the strategic and the tactical.
- Self-starter who can operate and thrive with minimal oversight. Someone who wants to build!
- Understanding of P&C commercial lines insurance actuarial concepts a plus.
Location: Manhattan (midtown)
Travel: 10-20 days per year
Salary: TBD, commensurate with experience
Knowledge of Insurance and/or Actuarial Science a plus