Certus Claims Administration, LLC
Who We Are:
Certus Claims is a growing third-party administrator (TPA) managing property and casualty claims for insurance carriers in the Hospitality, Habitational and Construction industries. We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join Certus as a Senior Claims Specialist - Property.
The Senior Claims Specialist will:
- Investigate insurance claims in any of a variety of settings.
- Utilize knowledge of property and construction, and/or knowledge of the specific industry or business affected to substantiate losses or damage, or the lack thereof.
- Obtain necessary information from the claimant and from experts such as architects, engineers, builders, construction workers, police officers, health care practitioners, accountants, fire experts and others to fully and accurately assess the extent of the loss.
- Work cooperatively with expert witnesses, attorneys, public adjusters, and field adjusters as needed to conduct investigations, confirm findings and support evaluations.
- Apply understanding of insurance policies and policy interpretation to coverage analysis and opinions, establish appropriate loss estimates based on all relevant information and findings.
- Recommend the reasonable and proper amount the insurance company should pay on a claim.
- Ensure the accuracy of information collected and reported and guard against fraudulent claims, based on critical issues identified and accurate conclusions drawn.
- Prepare accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters documenting conclusions and recommendations.
- Maintain accurate, thorough file notes, journal entries, and time and expense records as required.
- Analyze first and third party claims to determine extent of carrier’s liability.
- Establish and maintain high level of positive working relationships with internal and external customers, ensuring satisfaction with company services. Respond to inquiries in a timely manner and meet diary and reporting deadlines.
- Quickly and effectively solve customer challenges.
- Sound understanding of claims adjudication process
- Sound knowledge of commercial and 1st and 3d party residential property claims
- Knowledge of property claim law; skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information and discerning the essential from the non-essential
- Experience with liability claims is a huge plus
- Research and investigative abilities; negotiating, conflict resolution and persuasion abilities
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- 10 years experience in commercial property adjusting required.
- Self-direction, self-motivation, independent and analytical thinking skills
- Familiarization with state insurance regulations for all 50 states but predominantly handling claims in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. Occasional air travel may be required
- Superior track record in all aspects of claims handling and resolution. Strong coverage and negotiation skills a must
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal and external team members in driving the claims process
- Self-starter with the ability to drive work streams and analyses
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and New York adjuster license required
- Advanced litigation management skills Ability to be licensed and bonded for state insurance licenses as needed
Competitive compensation and benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, 401k plan with match.
Primary Location Preference: Manhattan
Certus Claims Administration is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.