The Program Underwriter will work with the Program Manager to develop, support, and grow the underwriting program, including its regulations, operations, and overall program trajectory. As a Program Underwriter, you will act as a liaison to the underwriting team and serve as a mentor providing technical support, training, and problem solving for underwriters on an ongoing basis. You will also work directly with the Program Manager, IT Department and other corporate resources to enhance and develop the product suite for the program. You will analyze results of the portfolio uncovering trends and program improvements/efficiencies. The Program Underwriter will participate in growing and maintaining a profitable book of business while consistently delivering on corporate philosophies.
- Contributes to negotiating, monitoring, and executing program guidelines, authority and procedures with carrier(s)
- Ensures all underwriting systems and documents are up-to-date and accurately reflect current guidelines/eligibility requirements
- Manages implementation of rates and adjustments; creates and clarifies rules for corporate resources to launch system deployment
- Monitors Duck Creek workflow to maintain quoting, binding and servicing efficiency
- Values lean process improvement to consistently increase program profitability
- Acts as subject matter expert providing thoughtful guidance to colleagues on program eligibility with sense of urgency
- Carries increased authority levels; ensures each account reflects a solid thought process and provides sign-off when appropriate, or refers to carrier on behalf of company
- Assists Program Manager in data analytics pin-pointing Key Performance Indicators
- Provides periodic product training to ensure consistent program knowledge to colleagues; executes downstream communication and execution of divisional strategies and values
- Creates, participates in and/or leads projects to uncover growth ideas for program
- Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience.
- Insurance license, AU, CIC or comparable designations preferred.
- Experience working in a creative and collaborative culture.
- Must be self-driven, detail-oriented & possess strong organizational skills including time-management and prioritization.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and project management skills.
- Strong analytic skills with advanced knowledge of excel. Database and SQL a plus.
Competitive compensation and benefits package (available on your first day) includes health, dental, life insurance, up to 4%, 401k match, and sabbatical program. PTO - up to 23 days.